Giving Examples 举例
Cars, for example, use a lot of petrol. 例如,汽车要消耗大量汽油。
Let me give you an example.让我给你举个例子。
Phrasal verbs, such as "get up", "catch up with", etc. are most useful.短语动词,像"get up", "catch up with"等都是很有用的。
Take traffic in modern cities for instance, it's one side-effect of civilization.以现代城市的交通为例,这是文明的一个副作用。
Films like Gone with the Wind, Waterloo Bridge, etc., are all famous Western films.像《飘》、《魂断蓝桥》等都是著名的西方影片。
Some people are very philosophical. Like the Germans, for example.有些人非常富有哲理性,比如德国人就是这样。
What about disco ? It's popular in Western countries.比方说迪斯科舞,它在西方国家非常流行。
Allow me to cite an example.允许我举一个例子。
Let me cite a few instances: orange, bananas, pineapples, etc., are all fruit from the south.让我举几个例子:橘子、香蕉、菠萝等都是南方产的水果。
Let me take an example: staff relations are much more complex. 让我举个例子:工作人员之间的关系要复杂得多。
Take the case of television, it has a very good influence on people.以电视为例,它对人们有很好的影响。
To exemplify what I mean, let us look at our annual export of crude oil.为举例说明我的意思,让我们看看我们每年的原油出口。
To give you an example of this, take modern linguistics for instance.我们以现代语言学为例,来给你们证实这方面的情况。
To illustrate my point let us consider the case of Bush.为用实例阐述我的论点,我们来考虑一下布什的情况。
An example of this would be: in 2002 our export increased by 20%.这方面的一个例子就是:2002年我们的出口增加了百分之二十。
The increase of production is evidence of that. 生产增长就是这方面的例证。
Explaining & Outlining 说明与概括
This is the way we'll do it.这就是我们要做练习的方法。
This is how we shall do it. 这就是我们怎样做练习的方法。
I would like you to do it in the following way.我想你们按下列方法去做。
Could you do it this way / like this ? 请你们这样做/像这样做。
Try to do it the way we did it last time. 按我们上次做的方法试着做。
Do it the same way as last time.像上次的方法一样去做。
What we shall do is this.我们要做的是这个。
Let me explain what I want you to do.让我说明一下我要你们做什么。
Before you begin, let me tell you how I want you to do it.开始做之前,让我告诉你们怎样做。
The idea of this exercise is to…这个练习的意思是。。。。。。。
The idea behind this is for you to ask questions.其用意是要你们提问。
The idea is that you use the conditional.其用意是要你们运用条件从句。
The purpose of this is (for you) to practise the future.这个练习的目的是要你们练习将来时。
What this exercise is trying to do is (to) make you think.这个练习要达到的目的是要你们思索。
The point of the second exercise is for you to ask me some questions.第二练习的目的是要你们向我提出一些问题。
You can spend ten minutes on this.你们可以用10分钟做这个。
You have five minutes to complete this.你们用5分钟来完成这个。
I'll give you until ten past nine to finish this off.把这项练习做完,我给你们的时间是到9点50分为止。
You'll have to stop in two minutes / two minutes' time.两分钟后必须停止。
Don't spend more than a few minutes (in) doing / on this.用几分钟的时间做这个练习就够了。
Check the Answers 核对答案
I'll return your tests now.现在我把测验试卷发还给你们。
I'll give you your tests back and we can go through them together.我将把测验试卷发还给你们,我们可以一起查看一下。
Let's check the answers.让我们核对一下答案。
Let's run through the answers quickly.让我们很快地对一下答案。
Check your answers on page 100.请核对100页上的答案。
What's the answer to number 5 ?第2题的答案是什么?
How does the first one go ?第1题的答案怎样?
What have you got for number 6 ?第6题你们得出的答案是什么?
What do you have for question 7 ?第7个问题的答案是什么?
What have you put / written / marked for question 15 ?第15题你们填了/写了/勾了什么?
Let's go on to number 12.让我们接下去做第12题。
And the next one, please, John ?约翰,请你做下一题。
What about the last one, Bill ?比尔,你来做最后一题怎么样?
Could somebody read out what he put for number 16 ?有谁愿意把填入第16题的答案读出来?
Has anybody got anything for the last one ?最后一题有谁做好了吗?
What is your answer ?你的答案是什么?
How did you get on ?你做得怎样?
Mark your own.请自己打分。
Change papers with someone / your neighbour / partner.与他人/邻座/伙伴交换试卷。
Give yourself one point for every correct answer.每答对一题,你给自己记一分。
Two points for every one right.每答对一题记两分。
Take off a point for every one (you got) wrong.每答错一题扣一分。
Count up your points.把你们的分数加起来。
How many did you get right / wrong ?你们做对了/做错了多少?
Did anybody get them all right ?有谁全都做对的?
What was your score ?你得多少分?
How many points did you score ?
Anybody with one mistake ? Two mistakes ?有谁只有一个错?两个错的?
I didn't count it as a mistake if you put "big".如果你用"big",我认为这不是一个错误。
I didn't take any points off if you forgot to put a comma here.如果你忘了在这里点个逗号,我也不扣分。
What mark did get last time ?上次你得了几分?
You lost a mark if you put "huge".如果你用"huge"就丢一分。
Mark your own tests.请你自己给试卷打分。
Mark the right answer with a tick.给正确的答案划勾。
Giving Assignments 布置作业
Have you all handed in your exercise books?你们都交练习本了吗?
Monitor, have you collected all the exercise books?班长,练习本收齐了吗?
Yes, here they are. 是的,(本子)已收齐了。
No, not yet. Some students have not finished yet.没有, 还没收齐, 有的同学还没做完作业。
Li Ming left his exercise book at home. He will hand it in this afternoon.李明把练习本忘在家里了,他下午交。
Collect all the exercise books after class, and take them to my office, please.下课后请把作业本收齐,送到我的办公室。
Here are your exercise books. Please give them out.这是你们的练习本,请发下去。
Be sure to keep your exercise books neat and clean!练习本要保持整洁和干净。
Don’t smear your exercise book with ink.练习本别沾上墨水。
Don’t forget to bring your pen with you next time.下次别忘了把钢笔带来。
You should have finished your homework. 你本应该把作业做完。
Write the first and second questions of exercise IV on the blackboard.把练习四的第一、二题写在黑板上。
For today's homework / assignment, you must make sentences with the following words , learn the text by heart and do the exercises on page 40.今天的家庭作业是,用下列单词/词组造句,背书,做40页上的练习。
For your homework, please review the text carefully and be prepared for oral questioning / a test.关于家庭作业,请仔细复习课文,准备口头回答/测验。
For your homework, write a letter to your parents telling them about your life at college. 家庭作业是,写一封信给你的父母亲,谈谈你的大学生活。
No written work for today. The periods on Friday will be devoted to oral drill.今天没有笔头作业,星期五的课专门用来做口头练习。
Learn the lesson thoroughly. You will be given a quiz on Wednesday.熟读课文,星期三有小测验。
Learn the new words taught today. Be sure that you know their spelling, pronunciation and meaning.学会今天教的生词,要掌握拼法、发音和词义。
Study the text carefully and be sure that you are able to translate it into idiomatic Chinese.仔细学习课文,必须能把课文译成通顺的汉语。
Be ready to retell the story.准备复述课文。
Learn by heart the passage beginning from paragraph 2 to paragraph 4.背诵第二至第四段。
Learn the poem / dialogue by heart.背诵这首诗歌/这个对话。
Every student must do his homework carefully and finish it in time.同学们都要认真做作业,并及时完成。
You should take your work seriously.你们应该认真对待作业。
You must review today's lesson before doing your homework.做作业前必须复习今天学的功课。
Prepare the last two chapters for Monday.预习最后两章,星期一讲。
Your homework for tonight is to prepare chapter 6.今晚的家庭作业是预习第六章。
Prepare as far as / down to / up to page 20.预习到第25页。
I'm not going to set (you) any homework this time.这次我不打算布置家庭作业。
Revise what we did today and then try exercise 4.先复习我们今天所学内容,然后试做练习。
Go through this section again on your own at home.请你们在家里把这一节自己看一遍。
This was your homework from last time.这是上次余下的家庭作业。
You were supposed to do this exercise for homework.你们本该把这个练习作为你们的家庭作业。
Finish this off at home.在家里完成这个作业。
Finish the question you're working on at the moment, and do the rest at home.把你们正在做的那道题做完,其余的在家里做。
There will be a test on this next week.下周五将对这个进行测验。
I shall give you a test on these lessons sometime next week.在下周某个时候对这些课文/章节进行一次测验。
Learn the vocabulary because I shall be giving you test on it in the next lesson.记住这些词汇,下次上课我们就此进行测验。
General Revision 复习
You must make a plan for the general review, and be sure that you follow / stick to it.你们应订一个复习计划,并切实按计划做。
I would like to give you some advice on how to review / revise your lessons.关于怎样复习的问题,我想给你们一些建议。
You must use your time wisely and have proper rest.你们必须好好利用时间,并作适当的休息。
See that you understand every lesson thoroughly and be able to tell the main idea of each lesson.必须彻底了解每一篇课文,并能说出每课的中心思想。
Be sure that you can read aloud the text properly.要能正确朗读课文。
Sentence patterns are useful. You must learn to imitate them.句型很有用。你们应该模仿套用。
A careful study of the mistakes that have appeared in your written work will be helpful.仔细研究你们书面作业中出现过的错误,对你们是有好处的。
Go over your exercise once again, try to find your chief weakness and in that way you can best avoid them.把你们做过的练习再从头到尾看一遍,设法找出自己主要的弱点,这样才能最有效地加以克服。
In revision, mutual help is necessary. Still I expect independent work from you.复习时,互相帮助是需要的,但我更希望你们自己努力。
In reviewing, memorizing work should be combined with a good understanding.复习时记忆工作必须与正确的理解结合起来。
In writing or in doing translation, we must pay special attention to sentence construction, agreement, sequence of tenses, verb forms, etc.在书写和翻译时必须注意句子的结构、一致关系、时态呼应、动词形式等等。
When you review your lessons, please mark the places which you don't understand, and I will give you some coaching.复习功课时,请把不懂的地方用符号标出,我给你们辅导。
You are bad / weak at grammar. You must spend more time on it.你的语法不行,你得在这方面多花些时间。
Examination 考试
What's eating you, Tom? Gosh, you look upset ?怎么了,汤姆?你好象情绪不好。
I did very poorly on my English test this morning.今天上午的英语考试我考得糟透了。
Watch out ! Professor Taylor sometimes will give a take-home exam or an open-book exam. How many courses are you taking this term ?当心!泰勒教授有时会进行家庭作业式的考试开卷考试。这学期你修了几门课程?
Five and the professors are very strict. You're over-loaded.5门,老师们都很严。你修的课程过多了。
The final exam is coming soon.期末考试快到了。
I wonder what type of exam the teacher is going to give us.我不知道老师将会考我们什么。
If it's all essay questions, I'm dead! 假如都是问答题我就完蛋了。
You have to really know your material. Besides that, you have as present it in composition form. I hope it's an objective test---true-false or multiple choice and cloze test are easier for me.你必须了真正了解你要回答的内容,此外还要以作文的方式写出来。我希望是客观题—是非题、选择题、完型填空对我来说较容易。
I'm expecting to come out with two "A's" and three "B's".我希望得到的成绩是2个A和3个B。
For that you must work really hard, cut out some dates, and watch out for Professor Taylor. He usually flunks a good number of students.那你就必须真正用功,取消一些约会,当心泰勒教授,他经常给许多学生不及格。
What's the good of exams anyway ?考试到底有什么好处?
Well, they really serve as a review and they test the amount and accuracy and familiarity of knowledge retained. If you don't take the exams, you'll wind up with an incomplete, for which you get no credit. 考试实际上是一种复习,可以检查一下所记的知识是否正确和熟练。如果你没有参加考试,那门功课就不算修完,也就拿不到学分。
Suppose you get an incomplete because you are sick and can't take the exams.假如因生病缺考而未修完一门课程,怎么办?
Then you must make them up, so that you get credit for the complete course.那你必须补考,这样你才算修完一门课程,得到学分。
Soon we shall have the final examination.马上就要期终考试了。
The final (examination) is coming soon.
I hope you will come well prepared for your exam.希望大家为考试做好充分准备。
Everyone is busy preparing for the exams. How are you going to review your lessons ?大家都忙于迎考。你打算怎样复习功课?
The examination schedule is posted up.考试日程贴在墙上。
I wish you good luck.祝你们一切顺利。
I wish you every success.祝你成功。
The examination papers have all been distributed.考卷都分发了。
Don't worry. You have plenty of time to do your work.不要急。你们有充分的时间来答题。
Put your name on your examination paper. Write in ink, not in pencil.把名字写在试卷上。用钢笔,不能用铅笔。
Go over your papers carefully before you hand them in.交卷时仔细地把试卷从头到尾看一遍。
I hope all of you will successfully pass the term exam / entrance exam / graduation exam.希望你们都能通过学期/入学/毕业考试。
Dismissing Class 下课
It isn't time to finish yet.还没到下课时间。
The bell hasn't gone yet.铃还没响。
There are still two minutes to go.还有两分钟。
We still have a couple of minutes left.我们还有几分钟时间。
I only make it a quarter to ten. There's another five minutes yet.我以为现在是9点3刻,现在还有5分钟。
This lesson isn't supposed to finish until ten to ten.这节课要到9点50分才下课。
We seem to have finished a few minutes earlier.我们好像提前了几分钟下课。
My watch must be fast. I make it only five to ten.我的表肯定偏快。我以为现在是10点差10分。
What time do you make it ?你们看现在几点钟了?
It seems we have two or three minutes in hand / to spare.看来我们还有两三分钟。
One more thing before you go.在你们走之前,我还要说一件事。
Don't go rushing off. I have something to tell you.别急于离开,我还有一些事情要告诉你们。
We'll finish this next time.下次我们学完这个。
I don't think we've got time to finish this now.我想我们没有时间把这个学完。
We'll do the rest of this chapter on Thursday.下周四我们继续学完这一章的剩下部分。
We'll finish off this exercise in the next lesson.我们下节课做完这个练习。
We've run out of time, but we'll go on with this exercise next time.今天时间用完了,我们下次继续做这个练习。
It's eleven thirty. We'll have to stop now.现在是11点30分,我们得下课了。
It's almost time to stop. 快到下课时间了。
I'm afraid it's time to finish now.恐怕现在该结束了。
I make it almost time. We'll have to stop here.我看时间到了。我们就上到这里吧。
There's the bell for dismissal.下课玲响了。
There's the bell, as we must stop working now.铃响了,我们得下课了。
All right ! That's all for today, thank you.好吧,今天就学到这儿,谢谢。
Right. You can put your things away and go.好,你们整理一下东西就可离开了。
Try not to make any noise as you leave.离开时尽量别弄出声响。
No noise as you leave. Other classes are still working.离开时,不要弄出声响,其他班还在上课。
Let's have a break.我们休息一会。
Now we can relax.
We'll have/take a ten-minute break.我们休息10分钟。
We'll continue our lesson after break.休息后我们再继续上课。
So much for today.今天就讲到这里。
We'll stop / leave off here today.今天的课就到此结束。
If you need help, stay behind after class.如果你需要帮助,请课后留下来。
We're going to have coaching in the seventh period. Anyone who needs help, go to room 206.第七节课我们进行辅导,需要帮助的同学请到206教室去。
Don't sit over your work any more. Come out and stretch your legs.不要埋头用功了,出来活动一下。
I'm sorry I have not been able to wind up the lesson in time.很抱歉,我没能及时讲完课。
Don't leave your seats before you have been dismissed.在下课未宣布之前,不要离开座位。
After the break ,I'll see you in Room 510 of the Language Training Center.休息后,我们到语言中心510教室上课。
There's been a change of room for next week.下周将调换教室。
We'll be meeting in Room 115 instead.我们将改在115教室上课。
The 6th period has been cancelled next Thursday as there won't be an English lesson.下周四的第6节课已取消了,所以那节英语课不上了。
I won't be here next week. Miss Wang will take / be taking you instead.我下周不在这里。王老师将代我给你们上课。
Go and join class 4A for your English lesson.到4A班去,与他们一起上英语课。
I'll leave Bill some work to give you.我将委托比尔把一些作业转给你们。
This was my last lesson with you.这是我给你们上的最后一课。
That's it.到此为止。
Class is dismissed.下课。
Class is over.
Let's call it a day.
Goodbye, boys and girls.同学们,再见。(对中小学生)
Goodbye,everyone。各位,再见。(对中、大学生,成年人)
Bye-bye, children.孩子们,再见。(对小学生)
See you later回头见。
See you tomorrow 明天见。
See you (on) Friday.星期五见。
Good-bye for the present !
Bye now, Bill.比尔,再见。
Be seeing you soon !希望不久见到你们!
Class Control 课堂管理
Stop that / it / doing that! 停止做那个。
That'll do now! 够了!
That's enough of that! 别再那样了!
No more of that! 再那样可不行!
Give it a rest! 停止那样做。
Gut it out! 停止!
I've already asked you to stop once. I won't tell you again. 我已经说过要你停下来,我不再跟你说第二次了。
(以上句子带有不赞成或生气的口吻)
stop now.现在就停止。
everyone, stop what you are doing. 大家停下来手头的事。
That's enough for now.做到这里就够了。
That will do, thank you.行了,谢谢。
OK, that's enough.行,够了。
All right, you can stop now.好了,你们现在停下来。
Be quiet!安静。
Silence, please!
Settle down, all of you. 你们大家都安静下来。
Listen attentively, please. 请认真听。
Listen to me carefully.
No talking, please.请勿讲话。
Stop talking now.现在别讲话。
Don't talk.别讲话。
Don't talk any more. 不要再讲话了。
Not another word, please. 请不要再讲话了。
Don't be so noisy! 不要吵!
You are too noisy! 你们太吵闹了。
What's all this row / noise? 怎么这样吵闹/嘈杂?
Don't make such a noise. 不要这样闹哄哄的。
Not as much noise, please. 请不要这样闹哄哄的。
What are you doing there, Mary and Jane ?
Stop chattering there. 别在那里闲聊。
Don't fidget (about). 不要做小动作。
Listen to what I'm saying. 听我讲。
Shut up, all of you. 你们都别讲话!
Put a sock in it, will you ? 别作声,好吗?
Get on with your work quietly. 要安静地继续做功课。
Sit still. 坐着别动。
Don't move.
Nobody move. (用作祈使句, move不加s)
Sit up. 坐端正。
Behave yourself. 规矩点!
Don't keep turning round. 别转来转去。
Stop fidgeting / messing about. 别坐立不安 / 荡来荡去。
Don't be such a nuisance. 别这么讨厌。
Stay in your seat. 呆在座位上。
Look at the blackboard, please. Don't look at your books. Look at me.请看黑板。不要看书,看着我。
Think it over.想想看。
Try / Have a try!试试看。
Try again!再试试看。
Don't whisper to each other, boys and girls . 同学们,不要私下说话。
No peeping. 不准偷看。
No whispering allowed. 不准提示。
Don't give hints. 不要提示。
Don't keep prompting. 别提示。
Please go on reading / writing. 请继续读/写。
Don't interrupt him. 别打断他。
Let him go on. 让他说下去。
Will you repeat your last sentence ? I didn't get everything you said. 最后一句请重复一下,我没有完全听清楚。
Raise your hand before asking a question. 提问前要先举手。
Please raise / put up your hand(s). 请举手。
All those who got it right, put your hands up. 所有答对的同学请举手。
Those of you who know the answer, put your hands up. 知道答案的同学请举手。
Hands down! 把手放下。
Put your hands down.
Back up. 振作精神。
Don't hang about, get on with it. 别闲混,要继续努力做。
Stop dilly-dallying. 别再消磨时间。
Look this way. 看这边。
Look over here. 往这边看。
Could I have your attention, please. 请注意听我讲。
Try to concentrate now. 要集中精神。
Don't look out of the window. 别往窗外看。
Look up for a moment. 抬起头来看一看。
Don't sit there daydreaming.
Work on your own. 独自做。
Everybody work individually. 各自分别做。(用作祈使句, work不加s)
坐端正。
Try to work independently. 独自试着做。
Work by yourself. 单独做。
No cheating. 不许作弊。
Don't disturb your neighbour. 别打扰邻座。
There's no need to discuss it with your neighbour. 没有必要与邻座讨论这个。
Try to do it exactly the same way as I'm doing it. 完全按我的方式试着做。
That's fine.
You will have to finish in a minute. 你们必须马上结束。
I'll have to stop you in two minutes. 再过两分钟你们就停下来。
Your time is up now, I'm afraid. 恐怕现在时间已到了。
Let her try it on her own. 让她自己试着做。
Don't whisper the answer. 别私下告诉答案。
Don't help him. 别给他提示。
Teacher’s comments 教师评语
Responses and Asking Questions 回答与提问
I see. 我明白了。
Oh, did you? 哦, 是吗?
Oh, is it?
Oh, was there?
Oh, can they?
That’s interesting. 那很有趣。
What you said is very interesting. 你说的很有趣。
I didn’t know it. 我不知道那个。
Is that so? 那是这样吗?
Really? 真的吗?
Fancy that! 那真想不到。
That’s a very good point.那是一个很好的论点。
I haven’t thought of that.我没想到那个。
Yes, that’s true, as a matter of fact. 是的, 事实上,那是真的。
(以上可用于学生发表意见之后或讲述某些事实之后,这样说显得师生间的交流更自然,并对下面的发言或提问起连接作用。)
Why? 为什么?
In what way? 以什么方式?
How? 怎么样?
Why do you think so? 为什么你这样认为?
What reasons do you have for saying that? 你说那个有什么理由?
Is there any evidence to support what you say? 有什么证据可以支持你的说法?
(以上问句应在学生作了回答之后, 或作了一些叙述之后立即提出, 以便使对话进行下去。)
Do you really think so? 你真的这样认为吗?
Is that your honest opinion? 那是你的真实想法吗?
Is that what you honestly think? 那是你真正想到的吗?
You’re convinced of this, are you? 你确信这个,是吗?
Don’t you think, though, that…然而,你不认为。。。。。。
I’m not sure about that. 对那个我不那么有把握。
Well, that all depends, doesn’t it? 要看情况而定,是吗?
You can’t be serious. 你恐怕不够认真。
(以上用语要使对话继续下去。)
Has anybody else anything to say on this?关于这点还有别的什么要说吗?
Have you got anything to add to what Tom said?对汤姆所讲的你还有什么要补充的吗?
Who agrees / disagrees with Tom / what Tom said?谁同意 / 不同意汤姆 / 汤姆所说的?
Does anybody share Tom’s opinion / views?有谁与汤姆持同样的意见?
Bill, what do you think about this?比尔,关于这个问题,你的意见如何?
Could someone sum up what has been said?请哪位同学把刚才所说的总结一下?
Let’s just run through the arguments for and against.让我们看一看赞同和反对的理由。
Perhaps we could come back to what Jane said earlier.或许我们可以回过头来看看珍妮刚才所说的意思。
I’m not sure what you are getting / driving at.我不懂你的话是什么意思。
Could you explain what you mean?请你解释一下你所说的意思。
Could you give me an example?请你给我举一个例子。
What exactly are you trying to say? 你究竟想说什么?
Could you come into more detail?请你详细叙述。
Could you expand on that a little?请把那个说得详细一点。
Be a little more precise. What exactly do you mean?说得稍微确切些。你究竟是什么意思?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but do you mean that…如果我错了, 请纠正。你的意思是。。。
Confirmation & Encouragement 肯定与鼓励
Confirmation
Good. 好。
Yes.对。
Right.对。
Right you are.很好。
Fine.非常对。
Quite right.
Hm-hm.
Uh-huh. 啊,对。
(以上仅用来认可学生的回答是对的,并不表示这些回答很好。)
That’s the way. 就这样。
That’s right. 对了。
That’s quite right. 非常对。
That’s it.对的。
Yes, you’ve got it. 对,你答的对。
That’s correct. 对了。
You’ve got the idea.你懂了。
(以上仅用来认可学生的回答是对的,并不表示这些回答很好。)
Excellent.优秀。
Magnificent.极好。
Very good.很好。
Terrific.非常好。
That’s very good.那很好。
Wow! 好极了。
Well done.答得好。
Jolly good.特别好。
Very fine.好极了。
Great stuff.了不起。
That’s nice.那很好。
Fantastic.好极了。
I like that.我喜欢那个。
Marvelous.很精彩。
You made a very good job of that.那个你做得真不错。
(以上用于赞赏和鼓励学生的出色回答。)
Excellent work!作业优秀!
Satisfactory!令人满意!
Very well done!做得很好!
Could do better.可更好些!
Good stuff!真了不起!
Too many careless slips!粗心错多!
Keep it up!保持下去!
Careless! 粗心大意!
Adequate!说得过去!
Needs to show more effort!需花气力!
Much better!较前更好!
Not up to your usual standard! 不如以前!
Shows some improvement!有些进步!
Great improvement!进步很大!
Disappointing!令人失望!
See me about this!见我面批!
(以上是对学生笔头作业常用的评语。)
That’s perfectly correct.完全正确。
There’s nothing wrong with your answer.你的回答没有错。
What you said was perfectly all right.你所说的完全对。
You didn’t make a single mistake.你没有一个错。
That’s exactly the point.答得很中肯。
That’s just what I was looking for.那正是我所期待的。
I couldn’t have given a better answer myself.我自己也提不出更好
的答案了。
No, that’s wrong.不,那是错的。
Not really.不会吧。
Unfortunately not.可惜不对。
I’m afraid that’s not quite right恐怕那不完全对。.
You can’t say that, I’m afraid.恐怕你不能那样说。
You can’t use that word here.在这里你不能用那个词。
Good try, but not quite right.很好的尝试, 但不完全对。
Could be.可能是对的。
It depends.看情况而定。
It might be, I suppose.我想这可能是对的。
In a way, perhaps.也许在某种程度上是对的。
Sort of, yes.有几分对。
Encouragement
That’s better.那就更好了。
That’s more like it.那更接近于正确。
That’s much better.那好多了。
Not quite right. Try again.不完全对,再试试看。
You were almost right that time.这次差不多对了。
That’s almost it.几乎对了。
You’re half way there. 差不多对了。
You’re almost there.
You’ve almost got it.
You’re on the right lines / track.你的思路是对的。
Take it easy.别着急。
There’s no need to rush / hurry.没有必要这么急急忙忙。
There’s no hurry.不必匆忙。
Go on. Have a try.继续下去。试试看。
Have a go!试一下。
Have a guess if you don’t know.假如你不知道,就猜猜吧。
Don’t worry about the spelling / pronunciation.别为拼写 / 发音担心。
Don’t worry. It’ll improve.别担忧,会改进的。
Don’t be discouraged, you’ll learn by and by.不要灰心,你慢慢就会学好。
Be persistent, don’t give up.要坚持下去,不要放弃。
Maybe this will help you.这对你可能有帮助。
What if I give you a clue?我提示你一下怎么样?
I’ll help you if you get stuck.假如你难住了,我会帮助你。
You have made a lot of progress.你取得了很大的进步。
You still have some trouble with your composition.在作文方面你还有一些困难。
You need some more practice with the text.你需要把这篇课文多读几遍。
You’ll have to spend more time practicing spoken English.你得多花些时间练习说英语。
You’re getting better at it all the time.这方面你一直有进步。
You’ve improved no end.你进步很大。
Don’t be afraid. I’ll help you.别害怕,我会帮助你。
Don’t let this get you down.不要为此灰心丧气。
Don’t give up hope.不要放弃希望。
Don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll do better this time.别担心,我确信这次你会干得好些的。
That’s better than he could do.这比他干得好。
Try to look on the bright side of things.尽量从好的方面看吧。
You’re doing fine.你现在干得不错嘛。
Be a good sport and sing us a song.勇敢些,给我们唱只歌吧。
Be a man.拿出勇气来。
Cheer up, boy!振作起来,孩子!
Come on!来吧。
Go on!继续下去。
I’m right behind you!我作你的后盾。
Keep at it!别松劲!
Keep it up!坚持下去!
Stick to it!
Keep your chin up!别灰心!
Try again!再试一下。
You can do it!你能办到的!
I think you should keep up your courage.我认为你应该鼓起勇气。
There’s no reason to feel discouraged.没有理由感到气馁。
There’s nothing to feel discouraged about.没有什么可以为之感到气馁的。
I feel you should go ahead with it.我觉得你应该干下去。 |